Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Ballad of Spring

I saw a bluebird this morning. His cheerful blue feathers stood in dark contrast to the charcoal branches stretching like calloused fingers toward the heavens. The branches are still bare, yearning for spring. The promise of new life lies quietly within them waiting for the Creator's tender voice, "Come forth."

The bluebird must have heard God's whisper. He swooped in from the heights and perched on a limb near the heart of the old oak. The branches swayed in a gentle breeze. Softly, but with purpose, a sweet melody filled the air as the blue messenger sang to the tree. His song swelled, proclaiming new life. The little fellow cocked his head and turned his gaze heavenward. Was that a wink I saw? Did Mr. Bluebird just send a message of 'mission accomplished' to His Creator? I think so! The tiny blue dynamo lifted his wings and flew across the lawn to his next host. Once again, I heard the Ballad of Spring.

Spring! The symbol of hope, new life, fresh starts. I love the flourish of color that spring washes over a previously bleak world. Could you use a flourish of color in your bleak world? If you know Christ as your Savior, His eternal hope lies within, waiting to 'come forth'. Your winter will transition into spring if you will heed the Master's call. His voice will lift you out of the miry clay. He will put a new song in your heart, a skip in your step.

Go ahead. Sing your own ballad of spring - a song of praise to your Creator. No one is listening, no one but Him. I promise He will respond with hope.

12 comments:

  1. These are the words I need for this new week. the week Jesus gave His life...I week of suffering but hope for a new beginning....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's good to hear - thanks. I love you.
    Nan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What hope this gives us!! God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know. What would we do without Him?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of birds seeming to sing Easter, Easter in the spring. Beautifully written. I can just see the bird. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nan, as I walk through your website and read your stories, I am thanking the Lord for your "joyful" friendship! What a blessing and inspiration you are...and to think, it all came about through twitter (wink). We know different, don't we? !! :)

    Baruch atem b'Shem, Yeshua,
    Blessings in the name of the Lord, Jesus!!
    Mid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your sweet words, friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for your sharing and photos.
    wholesale coach outlet and Moncler Women Jackets like your blog is worth visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Coach Boots. I'll visit yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Greetings from Southern California

    I am your newest follower :-)

    I invite you to visit my blog and follow me :-)

    God Bless You, ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  11. Respected our loving Sister Rev Dr.Nan Jones in Christ. Greetings to you from India in the matchless name of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
    Iam Charles finny, pastor [44 years old] of a full gospel church in south India. am very happy to contact you through this e mail. We pray for your ministries.
    i thank the lord for your all kind of ministries and also for your WEB SITE.
    I like to join your ministries and to do the ministry in India under your BANNER. Kindly please pray for our ministries in India. Our ministries will be going by faith. We are doing our ministry in a rented building. And also we extend our ministry in some villages. We are also doing the ministry among the poor BLIND PEOPLES. My parent was a pastors in south India in several years. Now both are passed away. If you need more about our ministry kindly let me know. Please launch your ministry in India. This is my humble request to you. WE NEED YOUR LEADERSHIP FOR INDIA. iam expecting your valuable reply. We need your books and tapes for our spiritual growth. PLEASE MAKE A VISIT TO INDIA. We need your ministry in India. Kindly please send me one new leather bonded CONCORDANCE BIBLE IN ANY EDITION. Before i die i like to use that kind of bible.Kindly Pray for My family.
    Thank you very much my e mail c.charlesfinny@rediffmail.com
    yours for his kingdom
    Charles Finny, Pastor, India.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice post! thank you so much for sharing...God bless you ...loves soraya

    ReplyDelete